• Home
  • News
  • Obio/Akpor Set To Commission World Class Ultra Modern Market
News

Obio/Akpor Set To Commission World Class Ultra Modern Market

The chairman of Obio/Akpor local government area of Rivers State prince Timothy Nsirim said the first phase of the world class ultra modern market which is to be completed in three months period would be commissioned by Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi, governor of the State by May this year.
Prince Nsirim gave the assurance while conducting members of Ikwerre Media Practitioners Association of Nigeria, IMPAN, round the project site at Rumukpoku in Obio/Akpor LGA.
The Obalga council boss said the market if completed in three months would be a world class and the largest market in the LGA as it would comprise motor park, warehouse, police station, standard restaurant, offices with good roads, adding that his administration was also building fire service as well looking for land to build cemetery in the area.
Prince Nsirim who described governor Amaechi as a builder, commended him for embarking on people-oriented projects across the state, stressing that his administration would emulate his footsteps to bring development in the area. He assured that he would leave a legacy that would be remembered before leaving office.
He assured that the market would be open to all Nigerians and called on all especially the people of Obio/Akpor LGA, to invest because there are several opportunities to take advantage of, adding that the people of Obio/Akpor would be given preferences.
The chairman also maintained that apart from the market project among others where the council has invested a lot of money, the council has assisted the people of the area in no small measure in the area of education and economic development, empowerment, among others.
The chairman who further disclosed that most of the funds used in building the projects were from the federal government allocation, noted that companies in the area refused to pay their revenues to the council, and urged them to comply to complete their projects.
Prince Nsirim congratulated Ikwerre media practitioners for using the pen to project the people of Ikwerre and their good programmes. He urged journalists in the state to be investigative and objective in their reports assuring that the council would assist them in their projects.
Earlier in his speech, the chairman of IMPAN, Chief Esotericist Monday Wehere, the publisher of Surveillance Newspaper, congratulated Prince Nsirim for his developmental projects embarked upon to better the lives of his people as well a his hospitality.
Chief Wehere who outlined some of the association such as Ikwerre communities’ directory, who is who in Ikwerre among others, appealed for his assistance. ###

Emeka Jilly Ejoiwhor

Related posts

Allow Me To work, Jonathan Tells Opposition, PDP President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has told opposition members and members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP splinter group to allow him concentrate and work for the people of Nigeria. He noted that the current political impasse are deliberately orchestrated to distract the administration’s ongoing transformation agenda in the critical sectors of the economy. President Jonathan also gave a veiled insight into his second term ambition stressing that the Nigerian Constitution provides a two term of eight years only for anyone elected as president. Nigerian Constitution Mandates Me To Run For Two Terms Says President Jonathan. Speaking at a lunch with Nigerian Professionals in New York, United States (US), Mr. Jonathan urged those fanning the ember of disintegration in the country to refrain from doing so as the interests of Nigeria is greater than that of any individual. According to him “already we have a constitution that makes provision for maximum of eight years for anyone who wants to become a president or a governor. There is no president or governor that all citizens vote for but at the end of the election if somebody emerges you must allow the person to work. If you love your country you would want your country to work. That does not mean that you will not vote against the person if you don’t like the way he works but you must allow him to work”. Mr. Jonathan urged the political class in the country to drop the do or die approach to politics urging them to allow him concentrate on his core mandate of governance. In an apparent reference to the political crisis in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the tantrum been thrown around by the opposition parties in the country, the president said political leaders in the country must be mindful of what they say or do in order not to undermine the sovereignty of Nigeria. According to Mr.Jonathan “we appeal to our colleagues politicians that no matter how you feel about the political situation consider the interest of your country first before yourself”. He added “if you are struggling to enter a house you must not put dynamite to destroy the house. By the time you get there there will be no house for you to stay. So first and foremost we must collectively build our country. Don’t bother about who is there now because power is transient, very very temporary”. On whether his administration was doing enough to tackle the issue of corruption in Nigeria, the president said “so many people are saying we are not doing well in fighting corruption and before you say that, there must be a parameter for judging us. What are the yardsticks they are using to judge us?” Justifying the efforts of his government in addressing the problem of corruption Mr. Jonathan said before the advent of his government, the Federal Government was spending a whopping N25 billion on fertiliser with only a 11 percent reach to the farmers stressing that since the coming on board of his administration, “government now spends between N5-6 Billion on fertiliser and we are getting 80 per cent reach. If we wanted to continue to steal money or look for money for election, we could have continued”. In the area of privatisation of power sector, he said the government conducted the over $3 billion exercise in the most transparent manner. “Yes we have not yet reached where we want to reach but we are making progress,” he said. Mr. Jonathan told the august gathering that his administration has made significant progress in the area revival of rail transportation, aviation, road construction and other infrastructure. “The team that I am working with we are doing our best to make sure that our country works”.

admin

400,000 PVCs Unclaimed In Rivers

admin

Armed Robbers Attack Female Student In RSU Hostel, Steal Properties

admin

Login

X

Register